Wednesday 16 January 2008

My Style of Serving Fries

I love my Fries with Salt and Crushed Black Pepper,
serve with Mayonnaise and Chili Sauce

Ingredients:
Frozen Fries
Oil for deep-frying
Crushed Black Pepper
Salt
Chili sauce
Mayonnaise

Method:
1. Heat oil to 180 c. Put fries in hot oil and fry for 4 minutes. Remove and drain fries from hot oil.
2. After 1 minute or so, put the fries back into the hot oil again continue fry for 1 minute.
3. Remove and drain fries on kitchen towel paper.
4. Sprinkle generous amount of crushed black pepper and some salt.
5. Serve hot with chili sauce and mayonnaise.

2 comments:

meimeijoyful said...

how do I know is 180 degree celcius or not?
I also like to eat fries with salt and pepper - in McDonald I always request for salt and pepper!
Thanks for this recipe!

秀芬 said...

I am glad that you like this recipe and good to know you also like to eat fries this way!
You may use a Cooking Thermometer or in my case, I am using Deep Fryer with thermostat.

If you don't have both, use the original way.
Way 1: Test the oil by using a pair of bamboo chopsticks(you may use those disposable type), put it in the middle of the oil. You could easily see bubbles will form around the chopsticks, if the oil is hot enough.
Way 2: Put one piece of fries in the hot oil, if the oil is hot enough you could easily see bubbles will form around the fries.
If there is no bubbles around the fries- it means the oil is not hot enough (you will get soggy fries with lots of fat but not crispy, if you fry it now.)